How Chiropractic Care Helps Anxiety
Many people think Chiropractic is only for back pain. In fact, when I tell people that I am a chiropractor they usually say something like, “oh man, can you help me with my back pain?” It is true, chiropractic is great for back pain, but did you know that it can help with so much more? Our goal is to find the root cause of your problem, not merely cover up the symptoms.
You are having symptoms because of one or two reasons. Reason 1: You’re deficient in something, and/or Reason 2: You need to get rid of something. I can promise your body is not deficient in: influoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil) or sertraline (Zoloft) . The body does not need it, although it may have difficulty getting rid of it. The recipe for complete health is very simple. The human body needs five things: proper nutrition, adequate exercise, enough sleep, a positive mental attitude, and a proper functioning nervous system. A properly functioning nervous system is what we are experts in.
The first thing you need to know is there are different types of chiropractic. Much like medical doctors, chiropractors can specialize in different areas. Some chiropractors specialize in Sports, pediatrics, or neurological based conditions.
Here at The Specific, we specialize in neurological based conditions, which is why we are able to help people with anxiety.
Let me explain: Our office is very different than what probably comes to mind when you think of a “traditional” chiropractic office.
- We use an objective measurement to measure your brain function called computerized infrared thermography
- We use biomechanical x-rays to see where you need to be adjusted
- We only adjust you when you need to be adjusted. Our whole goal is to get you to a point where you don’t need to be adjusted anymore.
- We only adjust you at the top of the neck. This is how we are able to affect the brain. You have these receptors that send input to the brain at the top of your neck. An adjustment will fire these receptors and reset the brain. Much like resetting a computer that is running too many programs.
- We have specific tailored plans for every individual in the office.
Here is a video that tells you how everything fits together:
One of the most common phrase we here in the office is “that just makes a whole lot of sense”
Does it make sense to you? Can you see if your brain isn’t functioning properly that you could have anxiety? Does it make sense that medication could never “heal” you if the problem is biomechanical?
We help people all the time who are suffering from anxiety. But we understand that you may be a little skeptical because you have tried many different things to get better with little to no results. To make sure our office is a good fit for you I would like to offer you a complimentary, no risk consultation. All you have to do is fill out the webform below or call our office at 303-442-5911. One of our doctors will talk with you and set up a consultation for you to see what we do here. Sound fair enough? I hope to see you in the office real soon.